Monday, June 18, 2012

Needing the Power of the Paw Prayer

This isn't suppose to happen.  Not on my guard.  No sirree!


Agador has taken ill over the weekend while I kitty sit him for my daughter.   He hasn't eaten since Friday morning and has had vomiting of food sometime early Sat morning and since then clear liquidy vomit though not constantly.  Sporadically.  It breaks my heart to see him so unhappy looking.


We go in this morning to the vet to have him checked out.  I know he will need liquids as I don't think he is drinking enough.  He has been very quiet the past 24 hours with occasional walking around and last night he did, as we call it, mashed potatoes on my husband's chest as well as purred, but just before bedtime at 10:30 he vomited three times of the liquid and I had the worst time sleeping because of concern.  All I could do was hold him close next to me, stroke him softly and let him know that he was loved and must not miss his mommy too much. 

So far the only way I can get him to drink is from the bathroom faucet turned low where he has always enjoyed slurping from.  Oh Agador please be okay....

My daughter is very hard to get a hold of as she is volunteering on a farm near Big Sur in California.  No internet and no cell service and though there is a phone it is very hard to get anyone to pick up as they are either working making cheese, or tending to the chickens, goats and gardening.  I did get a hold of her this morning to let her know and she trusts me (thank you dear!) to do what is the right thing to take care of Agador.  She was a Veterinary Tech. for about 6 years so we discussed Agador's symptoms.

Power of the paw prayer please!

10 comments:

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

We will keep our paws crossed for Agador. We hope Agador will get well real soon!

Pauley, the Mr. or the Mrs. said...

Our paws & fingers are crossed that Agador is feeling better in no time.

Bailey said...

Lots of prayers going up for a healthy Agador.

Sara said...

Oh no! Poor Agador. Fingers and paws crossed that he'll feel better after getting some fluids in him.

♥♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥♥ said...

All paws crossed for Agador. Mom says she knows how you feel when you are caring for someone else's furry. We hope Agador will be OK.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

georgia little pea said...

That is the most awful feeling I know. I looked after a neighbour's 3 dogs, fish and rat for a month while they were away. One dog got sick and the rat died (from old age apparently, and he had to do it on my watch!)

I hope the vet gets to the bottom of the vomiting and that Agador feels better soon. Maybe, hopefully, he's just missing his mama?

Big hugs x

Bassetmomma said...

We're keeping all our fingers and paws crossed for Agador! I sure hope he is okay.

Nola said...

Oh no! Paws crossed
Nola

Two French Bulldogs said...

all our paws are crossed
Benny & Lily

haopee said...

We will add you to our prayers! Stay strong, Agador.

What did the vet advise you? Has he recommended any form of food? I recall our dogs being given Royal Canin Recovery Food by the vet because it was effective for lethargic and weak pets.

But don't start with food. Maybe you should try giving him electrolyte water so he doesn't get dehydrated. We wish Agador gets better... hopefully it's just a bad case of hairball.

Huggies and Cheese,

Haopee