Monday, April 9, 2012

Hearth and home survived!

We had a very full day for Easter and none of it was at our home.  We were out for brunch for almost 3 hours, home for an hour and half, then off to an early supper with family for five hours at their home.  I can't thank my blogfriends enough for the suggestions of filling Kongs with frozen yogurt, peanut butter and small treats which I am sure saved Tucker from hours on end of bordom as well as saving my kitchen cabinets.



I was worried for the long stretch in the late afternoon evening as both poochies would miss the afternoon romp time, their dinner time as well as any potty breaks.  He was such a good boy and didn't pee or poo in the house!!!!  He didn't eat the cabinets which though I would like new kitchen cabinets I am grateful that they are still in one piece.  


Stewie sadly had a pee accident but he kindly peed on the bathroom mat which has a rubber back and did not go through to the carpet underneath.  I'm afraid that Stewie has a very tiny bladder.....however he didn't go poo which surprised me because 4:00 o'clock is his time to do that deed.



Here is Tucker under our bed ( I told you we had high beds) where he enjoys hiding as well as playing "catch me if you can" with my hubby at night before bedtime.  I think Tucker is too use to my husband playing with him and not training with him that he won't do as he is told.  I can tell Tucker "go to your bed" and he walks right in his crate...for my husband...forget it. 


I have to share this sweet hankie that my daughter found.....


I know it's a collie and not a sheltie but that matters not.... I love old hankies.

16 comments:

Bailey said...

Tucker looks quite pleased. Bailey and Katy are worn out after a house full of guests to entertain.

Two French Bulldogs said...

sure sounds like a busy day...those peanut butter things sure sound good
Benny & Lily

haopee said...

What darling little doggies. Such a busy day and they did their best to keep themselves accident free. You should be very proud, Momma.

Good job, Tucker and Stewie.

Huggies and Cheese,

Haopee

Sara said...

Oh, what a cute hankie!

Glad to hear that Tucker was such a good boy :)

Bassetmomma said...

I think even Tucker is proud of himself! What good boys both he and Stewie were. Love the hanky!

tubby3pug said...

I love that hankie, old things with dogs on them are the best. Im glad everyone did well with you being gone. We will be getting a pup in a few weeks and I will be working so we will be using kongs and a puppy play pen during the 4-6 hours the little guy is alone

urban hounds

Finn said...

Great hankie! And glad that everyone survived with minor incidents!

Priscilla said...

Tucker looks great in all his pictures! He's such a good boy and behaved so well at home.

I love the beautiful hanky too. It seems not many people use hanky nowadays here!

Nola said...

That's a great hankie! My grandma loves old hankies too, she has a whole drawer full. I'm glad you all had a happy Easter, and that Tucker was a good boy. Yup small dogs have TINY bladders; when my mom got me she thought there was something wrong cause I peed so much, but it's just a small dog thing!
Dachshund Nola

Debbie said...

Sounds like everyone hd a great easter.

It's a Weinerful Life!!! said...

Oh you guys are right that is a very high bed. We could run laps without bumping our head. LOLOL We are glad you had a wonderful Easter....:) ~Weinerful Gang~

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Hurray, we are glad too that all went well while you were out. Kongs are certainly useful for keeping them busy. We love the hankie too. Its very pretty. I fear they are a thing of the past since tissues came into being. No worries, and love, Carol (and Stella and Rory)

georgia little pea said...

I remember not being able to leave the house together with my hubby for more than a year! We would take turns. If I ABSOLUTELY HAD TO go out, I'd try to get back in 15 minutes. It was like prepping for war before leaving, and so frightening to open the front door when we returned! LOL. those days ended very suddenly when Ms Pea grew up overnight :)

georgia little pea said...

I remember not being able to leave the house together with my hubby for more than a year! We would take turns. If I ABSOLUTELY HAD TO go out, I'd try to get back in 15 minutes. It was like prepping for war before leaving, and so frightening to open the front door when we returned! LOL. those days ended very suddenly when Ms Pea grew up overnight :)

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Love the hanky. Looks like a Sheltie to us!

Bicontinental Dachshund said...

Good job peeing on the bathroom mat, Stewie!
I'm glad you approve of sun therapy :)
Please send me some more of your good healing vibes -- I get my test results tomorrow.