Friday, March 30, 2012

A guest in our home

This is my perch


We have a guest staying with us for the next two months.  I guess I shouldn't call him that as we jokingly refer to him as my "grandkittyson".  Yes, Agador will be living with us for the next two months while my daughter volunteers / interns on a goat farm. 

Since she is staying here too till she leaves in another week, he is snuggled up with her at night.  I guess I better enjoy my sleep while I can because once she leaves he will be snuggling with us.  Did that sound bad?  I didn't mean it to!  Agador is adorable.

No poochie bed is safe with Agador

He has to be the warmest kitty to sleep with.  With my night sweats post menopause, this can be just a bit too much heat.  Then I have to throw the blankets and sheets off to cool down.  He doesn't move even when I attempt to gently nudge him over.  He wants to be stuck to you.  I should be grateful that he sleeps next to my belly and not up on my neck or chest as he does with my daughter.  How she sleeps like that I will never understand.

"a....Agador....you are on MY bed"

Tucker and he get along quite smashingly!  Much puppy antics go on with Tucker trying to get Agador interested in playtime with him.  Agador looks on with his air of indifference and every so often turns on Tucker with a look of "I dare you".  Believe me, Tucker has great respect for claws.  Poochies have to learn the hard way about claws.

Yes, we will be having some jolly good times for the next two months.  I haven't even told Leela and Luna of this.  Right now they are hanging out in our bedroom and not approaching their cat perch.  When Agador comes it is all his.  Luna becomes a "hissy kitty" and is a perpetual bad mood.  She'll even "hisssss" at us!
I'll try my best to keep the peace while every one works out the relationship issues.






11 comments:

Nola said...

Such a cute kitty! I just want to pet him
Dachshund Nola

Bassetmomma said...

Agador definitely looks like he has attitude!

tubby3pug said...

I just love Agador. He is so cute, Devon Rexes are really neat

urban hounds

Finn said...

A new guest in the house! And already a war over the bed. Looking forward to the next few months of stories on this!!

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

Shelties are super good with cats! All they want to do is play with them.
My Dakota loves Cody but he is like Tucker, Cody just has to look at him and Dakota knows he means business!
Agador is a cutie and what a wonderful name!

Sara said...

Ya know, they kind of look a like! Same coloring anyway.

I hope they become good friends over the next few weeks. At least Tucker will be entertained!

Two French Bulldogs said...

Your guest is adorable
Benny & Lily

Two French Bulldogs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Hi Everybuddy, sounds like fun times are coming. Love the photo of Agador on Tucker's bed. Hope your weekend is great. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

Debbie said...

Oh boy, good thing your tucker gets along with cats, our house gets really noisey when the doggies spot one of our cats wondering around!

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Love the last photo-- Tucker I think you better find a new bed or maybe you can bunk with Stewie for a while, I'm sure he wouldn't mind.