Saturday, March 24, 2012

Food, food, glorious food!

How do you store your poochies food?  I found these great containers at The Container Store for Stewie and Tucker's doggie kibble.  They hold 20 pounds of food and have smooth rolling wheels, easy open lid with snap locking to keep poochie's from midnight raids.  





Here's Tucker with his muffin tin for mealtime.  I've since replaced that muffin tin because I didn't like the rust that was on this old one.  It just didn't seem right for him to lick that.  The new one cleans up well too compared to the old one which seemed to have this slimy feel to it.  Yuck....



I have to take movies of Tucker and mealtime.  Sara was teaching Oreo to do what she called the "Flea" and I said that Tucker does it all the time.  So I promise to make that little video to get a chuckle over.  

Tucker has his style that I can't really change.  He is better behaved at mealtime in that he is not food-aggressive driven now.  Stewie and he and can eat within about 5 feet of each other in opposite directions and there has been no growling anymore which I think is because it takes Tucker so long to eat.

Have a happy weekend all!

16 comments:

tubby3pug said...

Ive seen that muffin technique a few times
I have read though that you should store dog food in the bag for maximum freshness. What I do is put the bag in the big containers and seal the container

Urban Hounds

georgia little pea said...

We store ours in an old Proplan plastic giveaway tub. I leave the kibble in the bag. I wish it had wheels! Is the muffin tin meant to slow down the feeding?

Mileys Daily Scoop said...

We love those containers!!! SO cool!!

Sara said...

Love The Container Store! I wish we had one near us, I have to order from them online.

Glad to hear that the muffin tin has solved some of your dinner "issues" :)

georgia little pea said...

We store our kibble in an old plastic Proplan giveaway container. We leave the kibble in the bag. I wish it had wheels like yours! Does the muffin tin slow down Tucker's feeding?

georgia little pea said...

Oops. I'm still having tech issues obviously. Sorry. Please delete! :)

English Rider said...

Your containers are ideal. I've poured my kibble into a big ice chest which also has wheels and a latch. Up until now I was keeping the big bag in the hall coat closet. When I switched to a salmon rich food it got too "aromatic". All our coats smelled of fish:)

Nola said...

Great containers! My food is kept in a big plastic container in the fridge
Dachshund Nola

♥♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥♥ said...

those are very nice containers. Mom wishes we still had a container store here, they always have some cute things.

We use big Rubbermaid tubs here. Just recently Mom saw that it is better for the food to stay in its original packaging. So she just puts the whole 30 lb. bag, bag and all, inside the container.

Hope you are all having a great weekend, it finally stopped raining here.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Rama's Mama said...

New follower via GFC here! Love your blog!

Priscilla said...

What a clever idea of storing the kibbles! Glad that the muffin tin helps too.

We used to put Eva's kibbles in a transparent container and left the container in the storeroom, she always went to check on the container and she would sit and stare at it for hours. Nowadays, we put the container up high on the shelve so she can't see it. She is just silly!

Two French Bulldogs said...

we requested a muffin tin from mom, it did not work
Benny & Lily

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Howdy Everybuddy, we have similar food containers, sigh, and we just don't know how to open them! Glad to hear you aren't too bothered eating with your brother near you Tucker. Good boy. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

Bassetmomma said...

We have almost the exact same containers for our food. I love them.

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

my sister-in-law has those containers for her two English Springer Spaniels. I think for Dakota they wouldn't make sense because we only have one dog.

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Those dog food bins are pawsome! Mommy keeps our dog food on top of a small bookshelf type of cabinet, but is always thinking there is a better alternative out there somewhere. We like your bins especially since its on wheels! Must come in handy.