Thursday, January 19, 2012

Meet Agador

We have had a house guest this week.  Meet Agador, my daughter's kitty, my Grandkittyson.  He's quite the character with his quirky ways.  




Agadorable (as I like to call him) is a Devon Rex.  His coat doesn't shed like most kitties.  It is so very soft like Chenille, with a wavy look to it and he really has no whiskers to speak of (part of the breed look).  When she first got him he virtually had no hair and looked a bit like Yoda with his big ears and wise looking face.  Eventually his hair came in which is handsome ginger and white color.  A very playful, mischievious fellow.



Tucker and he seem to get along just fine but my kitties Luna and Leela have a different opinion.  For the first time Leela asserted herself to him and that is something because she usually just hides and hopes for the best.  Poor Leela with her crossed eyes.  Tucker follows him around and tries to sniff but Agador plays it cool and gives him dirty looks if the Tucker snout gets too close.  

He gets cold easily with his very short coat and likes to sleep as close as he can to you.  His body is ultra warm so I happen to have no problem having him sleep curled up to my belly.  Last night I had Luna under the covers to my right and Agador between my hubby and I.  Eventually Luna left and Agador took her spot.  Agador wakes up very early.  Too early.  When he wakes up "FEED ME" is all he thinks about.  He climbs all over our heads, our bodies, the bed attempting to annoy us (me) as much as possible so that one of us (me) will get up and give him what he wants.  Oh Agador.....


So who is Agador named for?  Remember the movie "The Birdcage" with Robin Williams, Nathan Lane and Gene Hackman?  Yep....Agador Spartacus!  Here maybe this will help.....






Oh yes...we love Agador we really do.

10 comments:

Finn said...

How cute is that little one? I like the waviness in the fur too! It's definitely fun to have house guests!

Shea, Lola and Tucker said...

Haven't thought of that movie in years, loved it! He is a cutie.

Nola said...

He's so cute and looks really soft
Dachshund Nola

Sara said...

What a fun house guest! I'd love to feel his chenille fur!

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Howdy All, Agador looks very sweet. We always wondered what their fur felt like because they look so unusual. You don't need a hot water bottle with Agador around. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

Bassetmomma said...

I have never seen a kitty like Agador. Your Grandkittyson is beautiful!

All4UrPet said...

You Grandkittyson sounds awesome! Agadorable is one of the cutest kitties I've seen in a while... I hope we get to see more pictures of him again soon!

LizAnn

All4UrPet Representative

http://all4urpet.com/



Check out the App store for Android and iPhone to download our mobile application! Simply search All4UrPet.

FiveSibesMom said...

Beautiful kitty! Love the name!

tubby3pug said...

I have long wanted a devon rex. I think thats what are next kitty will be I love their unique look and that name is very cute. I have named my future devon Mr. Spock

Anyway I have given you the pawsome blogger award so you can come by my blog to collect it and pass it on if you would like

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Hi Agador! Sounds like you are an early bird like me!