Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A bit of this an a bit of that


What a difference a month makes for a puppy.  Tucker is growing up!  We decided to give Tucker his privilege back of using the doggie door to the upper kitchen deck.  Awhile back he lost it as he was using the deck to go potty on.  Knock on wood he has been good as gold!  He loves to run through the door to check out the deer he can keep an eye on below, watch Luna as she does her sunbathing, get his own sunbathing in and just have more room to play in when he is in the kitchen area where his puppy pen is.  


Next we have been letting him have more freedom in the house after he has gone potty outside.  This makes him feel like a true member of the family when he can follow us around or check out the rest of the house he hasn't gotten to know.  I think the room he is enjoying the most is the living room.  In the morning we have a lot of sunshine in the room and it is fun to run around with Stewie when they play.  Then there is the job of keeping an eye out on Luna who comes in there too.  


Tucker is learning much about kitties.  He wants to do what his instincts tell him but Luna is wise and knows about dogs.  She never runs from him.  I think that she is trying to like him as long as he doesn't put his snot in her face too much.  Sometimes she does swat at him and he quickly has figured out that you don't want to get Luna mad.  It hurts!


I think that best of all is that Stewie and Tucker are bonding well.  Having the house to play in has made the difference.  This morning I watched them in my bedroom as they "horsed" around.  Tucker was romping like a horse, rearing up, bowing down and Stewie and he sometimes looked like they were doing a dance.  So sweet to watch!  You can't always take a photo but for me I did a memory one.  I thought of how many romps just like this that I saw Annie and Stewie do.  So to see that happy poochie playtime for Tucker and Stewie filled me with happiness.  I laughed and that felt good.  So often I have sat in our bedroom where our Annie died and missed her deeply.  You never can replace someone you have loved dearly but you can fill the void with new friendships.  I guess what I am saying is Tucker has begun to worm his way into Stewie's loss of his old buddy and we all have some new sunshine in our home because of Tucker.

Then we had that vet. visit last week for his last shot for LeptospirosisDid I mention he weighs 15 pounds and 9 ounces?  Well I was surprised and it did make me wonder how big this guy will get.  After all we are not even 6 months old and we still will be growing.  I tried to measure his height as best I could but I don't know if I did it very well.  By my measurement he is about 15+ inches.  Oversize Sheltie for sure.  

Right now he is laying down on the doggie pad next to me slumbering away.  He has done his kitty job of keeping an eye on them.  He has played with Stewie, he has followed me around when I was doing some folding and now he is my companion as I type.  Not bad for a Tuesday morning. 

So I leave you with this playtime the Pupparoos! had....there was this....



and this......



and lastly this silly one.....



What a crazy play time they had....has Tucker been watching vampire movies?

12 comments:

injoyinmylife said...

I'm telling you, that Tucker is just the cutest little thing - well maybe not so little anymore. I love watching the pups play, it just warms my heart. I know what you mean about not taking another beloved pet's place, but they sure can make a place of their own in our hearts. I love how the heart is so resilient and just stretches and stretches. This is great for Stewie too, keeps him young. Blessings

Finn said...

Definitely watching some of those vampire movies! I love those teeth! What great company for a Tuesday morning!

Nola said...

Our boy is growing up!
Dachshund Nola

Sara said...

Oh, I love seeing dogs play! Can't help but smile. I'm so glad Stewie has given in, and is playing with Tucker.

Potty training seems to take forever when you're in the process. Chewy was a slow learner when it cam eto that. SOunds like Tucker is well on his way now!

Bassetmomma said...

That Tucker is a real cutie! Nice to see them playing together!

tubby3pug said...

Oh growing up, make sure to treasure every moment

Kootenai's Summit Post said...

what fun to be able to go out onto the deck through a doggie door. I wish I had one of those to my deck. No worries about the peeing on the deck thing. I did that for a few months of so, but I grew out of it. After awhile it isn't as exciting as it used to be to target practice on the helpless picnic table below the deck. jus say'n. thanks for the great feedback about dog obesity. mom walks with me everyday for exercise too!

Meeka said...

Oh Tucker, you've got sharp teeth, the better to chew on stuffies.

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Yep, the joy of pups is grrreat. We know all about it. Glad that Tucker is settling in so well. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

That's great news Tucker that you are getting more freedom! Mommy has been letting Benji get more freedom now too. She started letting Benji get more freedom the first week in January, by accident, she put Benji in the doggie crate and left the house for work, and came home and Benji wasn't in the doggie crate anymore, just a few things out of place -- butt it wasn't bad. Not sure how he got out of the crate. Did the latch not lock? Did Lassie help Benji escape? Who knows? She purposely did some more tests over the weekend, while she ran out to the grocery store, purposely pretending like she locked Benji in the doggie crate -- but just jiggled the handle, instead of locking it --- and nothing was really destroyed . It has been going well. So, Mommy might be taking the doggie crate down soon, or at least moving it to the spare bedroom instead of the living room! We will see. Benji has caught on fast. He is a good little brother. Mommy said she is happy Stewie and Tucker are getting along better now. Sounds so nice -- to have a photo in your memory and savoring the moment, instead of grabbing the camera to take an actual picture.

Bailey said...

Tucker is adorable.

Shea, Lola and Tucker said...

Great picture!