Thursday, December 15, 2011

Liebster Blog Award...whew we!

****I was all set to finish this today when I read via Dachshund Nola that a fellow blogger had a horrible home fire and that five of their sweet angels died.  I don't know this blogger or their story but I want to remind each of us to give our poochies and extra hug tonight.  Say a little prayer for the Kisa-Bull family as they grieve for their loss of home and poochies.  I am sure that if we could we would all send them a hug. 



Wow oh wow!!!!   Now I find that I have been awarded the Liebster Blog Award....   A huge thank you to Leslie over at her blog Bringing up Bella for passing this on to me.  I recently started this blog Pupparoos! after Tucker came into our lives.  I have been blogging for awhile on Blogspot but I needed some happy-go-lucky style to keep my spirits up.  Little did I know what this blog would open up for me.  I have met such incredible poochies and their families, learned about other breeds, about other rescue poochies like Stewie as well as felt the sorrow of those whose poochies recently crossed the Rainbow Bridge, those who have had a potential medical crisis, those lost and now found, and most of all, how many pet lovers there are and how warm and kind each and every one of them are!

Drum roll......hear is how the Liebster Award works:  


Liebster means “dearest” in German, and the award is intended to help up-and-coming blogs get the attention they deserve. As with any award, there is a bit of ceremony involved. In order to accept the award, we must do the following:
1. Copy and paste the award on our blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who gave us the award
3. Pick our five favorite blogs with less than 200 followers, and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they have received the award.

4. Hope that the five blogs chosen will keep spreading the love and pass it on to five more blogs




Each day I seem to open up a new blog that I want to keep reading about.  It may be the photos that are shared or it could be a story.  I have discovered that there are a lot of poochie and kitty lovers out there who share some pretty special stories.  So hard a choice to make but here goes......

1.  Lassiter Chase and Benjamin the Shelties.... When I first started my Pupparoos! blog I was looking for other Sheltie blogs.  Low and behold I find one with a pup real close in age to Tucker.  I have enjoyed following Benjamin's growth and what he is doing but also I have enjoyed the real life happenings in their home.  What is really uncanny is how much Lassie and Benji look alike!  So head on over puppy lovers....


2.  Eva the Sheltie.....This was the very first poochie blog I started to follow...yes she is a gorgeous Sheltie.  But there is more to the gorgeous Sheltie, it is her story that really got me reading this blog.


3.  Tanner Trains the Family....Having had Goldens I know how fun loving they are.  I think reading this blog reminded me of learning how Golden's think when we had our Golden pups.  I got such a laugh on the post from November 29, when they were out on a walk and Tanner's mom accidentally fell down into the mud on her tushy.  See I know how strong a big dog is and I certainly have had similar situations.  Tanner and is family make me smile when I read their blog.


4.  Run~Jump~Herd~Heal.....Another one of the first blogs I started to follow.  I was interested in learning about herding as I wondered if this would be a fun direction to go with Tucker.  Yet this blog is diverse in content and I am learning about agility, puppy classes and yes, about Corgis!  They are so cute with their adorable ears all perked up.  Such expressive little faces.


5.  Brando and Bogart.....Maybe it was the sweet photos of these beautiful Cavalier King Spaniels that brought me to this blog.  I mean look at their faces.....ahhhhhhh.....I just want to scoop them up for some puppy licks.  I'm looking forward to getting to know this blog, hope you visit them.


Thank you so much Leslie at Bringing up Bella for passing this award on to me.  I would love to include you too for having such a enjoyable blog to visit.  I really enjoy reading about how your rescue poochie Bella, found her furever home and how now she has a second life with a special family. 







 

5 comments:

Priscilla said...

Thank you so much for passing on the Liebster Blog Award to us, Ellen. I'm a bit embarrassed of accepting this award as I don't do much to our blog lately but I really appreciate your kindness. I'll make a blog about it soon.

My daughter and I enjoy reading your blog, the trainings of Tucker and his story always remind us the puppyhood stage of Eva.

Sara said...

So sad about those dogs in the fire. Such a tragedy.

Aren't dog blog people the best people?

Finn said...

Congratulations on your award!!!

Shea, Lola and Tucker said...

Congratulations on your award!

Jules said...

Thank you, Ellen, Tucker, and Stewie! I will have to think on who to award this to this weekend. :)