Thursday, December 15, 2011

Kreativ Blogger award, oh my!






     Bright and early this morning I find on my blog that my new friends from Urban Hounds has given me the Kreativ Blogger award.  I was tickled pink and very appreciative to receive it.  Having this blog has opened up a new direction with my blog writing.  I have been meeting and getting acquainted with other poochie and kitty blogs which always makes me smile, laugh, and learn about care, training and loving our furry friends.  There are some amazing furfamilies out there!


     So I see that I am to let you know ten things that you don't know about Pupparoos!.  Then I am to pass on this award to six other blogs.  Here goes!


1.   Stewie came from the ARF Rescue.  My middle daughter had adopted him and often would bring him over to hang out with our two poochies Annie and Jessie while she was at work.  I came to love this little guy who was initially scared of men and submissive towards the rest of us.  But being here to play, run, make buddies opened up this little Pupperoo.  My daughter sensed that he was much more happy with us and to make a long story short, Stewie moved in full time with us.  He still gets to see his first buddy, her kitty Agador, from time to time at Christmas or if we kittysit.


2.  Tucker is our fourth Sheltie that we have had since my hubby and I were married 34 years ago.  I saw my first Sheltie at the Golden Gate Dog Show in San Francisco and I was head over heels in love with the breed.


3.  Tucker's registered name is Shooting Star Harvest Moon Aglow. 


4.  Tucker loves to leap straight up in the air and quite high.  I don't think he knows how high he can go which is a good thing.  He is a VERY happy poochie!


5.  Stewie always sleeps by making a blankie bed that he can curl and cover himself with.  Sort of like a cinnamon roll bed.  He doesn't like the cold.


6.  I have two other blogspot blogs that I actively write upon since 2008.  I love to write as well as to do photography.


7.  Stewie loves to watch TV, especially Animal Planet shows.  Every night after dinner he expects us to go to the "Man Room" and sit with him for some Telly Time.


8.  If I could, or that my husband would tolerate this, I would have 5 Pupparoos.   I don't know why 5...maybe it was from watching the old PBS show "All Creatures Great and Small".  They seemed to have many poochies living with them and really I just love dogs.


9.  I am a big horse lover.  I began riding when I was 8 years old.  I have had 5 horses since that age.  I rode mostly Western Pleasure, Gymkana and trail riding.  I hope someday I may have a horse in my life again.


10.  My hubby and I love to go for hikes on the wonderful trails in our area with our poochies.  I can't wait to take Tucker out on them too! 




Now to pass on to six other GREAT blogs!


1.  Dachshund Nola .....I just recently found this adorable blog about Nola and her family.  I have a soft spot for Dachshunds because Stewie, we think, has a bit of Dachshund in him.  Her photographs always are so cute and oh, they are going to have puppies in there house! 


2.  Sara's Blog...Shelties!  I am quite in love with Shelties and these two, Oreo and Chewy are SO smart!  Sara has done many "Tricky T-day" videos that really are amazing.  I like seeing what I might learn from her with poochie training.  

3.  Two Collies and a Mutt.....new blog I just started to follow.  Marquie does such lovely photographs of her poochies Lassie, Petal and Ella.


4.  BZ Training....so Goldens and I go way back.  Between Shelties and Goldens...sigh...I melt.  Not to say I don't love or like other breeds (please!) but having had two of the dearest of Goldens, and still mourning the loss of our Annie this year, well....her two Goldens do these wonderful photo shoots that fill that Golden void I have.   I almost feel I can reach out and touch them in her incredible photos.


5.  Stella and Rory from Down Under....Hey they are from Down Under!  Do you know how far away that is from California?    They are so cool and now I get to learn about Great Danes which I knew very little about.


6.  Just me, Meeka....Yes...a sweetie of a Golden.....maybe it was seeing an older Golden with the face getting white that caught my eye.  Maybe it was the facial expression...she had me hook, line and sinker.


Really there are SO many blogs I am loving to read each and everyday.  I wish I could give each and everyone of them this award!  











5 comments:

Nola said...

OMD thank you so much for the award! Congratulations!
Dachshund Nola

Priscilla said...

Congratulations!

Tucker's full name is cool. He sure is a star!!

Meeka said...

Wow! Thank you for the award. I truly appreciate it.

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Oh my dog. Thank you so much for passing on this award to us. Its our very first. Yay. We will have to think hard about what to tell about ourselves. Thanks again. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Gee, our slower than slow computer clicked the comment link on the wrong post -- I want to thank you for nominating us for the Lieber Award. I wanted to write to you sooner, but the computer is like on Holiday Break or something and is really acting up today! Thanks again you made us all smile with the award!