Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What do you play with?

Seeing as how the kitchen floor is strewn with Pupparoo toys all the time, I thought it would be a good idea to have a place to put them at the end of the day.  Tucker however, felt that this was just a new toy to chew on and could have cared less of his toys inside.


He chomped it, dragged it around, sat in it, stared at it and then chewed some more.  I have one of these in our "Man Room" (the TV/den room) and he chews on that one as well.

I was looking for new "real" toys for the pups too.  Tucker loves this bottle!  At first he didn't know what it was but it was fun to drag it around as it clunked on the floor.  You can add treats at the bottom where it unscrews open.  I use his puppy food, and the idea is for them to figure out how to get the treats out.  Let me tell you, this is a toy you can't leave down all the time.  He gets crazy with it!  He won't let it be.  He sees the treats, he smells the treats, he must have the treats!  He already is getting the idea that if he puts it in a doggy bed he can get it upside down or tilted and the treats trickle out.  Then he proceeds to pull the pad off the bed searching in desperation for his prize.





Stewie doesn't seem interested except for the treats.  It is more Tucker's size and I thought, should I buy two of different sizes or just the one.  In the end I thought I would see if Stewie would do anything with it or ignore it.  He ignores it for now.

Since Annie died, I have a hard time getting Stewie to play like he use to.  He doesn't want to play the games we use to play with the stuffed toys.  He and Annie loved playing "keep away" and "fetch" with their toys.  I hope that in time he and Tucker will make their own games together.

He isn't to happy with Tucker's "herding" games, which is to herd Stewie.  All those with herding dogs know how it is deeply instinctual to do this herding up of balls, people, anything that moves.  Also Tucker is getting faster when he runs so Stewie is figuring out not to run so he doesn't get the dreaded nip and run.  Poor little Stewie....

Stewie doing his sun meditation on the deck
 

5 comments:

Sara said...

Awww, Stewie.

We have a tug a jug here too. Oreo is very good at getting the food out, but won't give Chewy a chance to even try!

I looooove Tucker's bed! So cute.

Sam said...

We give our boys regular bottles and put a few treats in them. They have to monitored of course, but it really keeps them occupied!

Sam

Bailey Be Good! said...

My furry sister might be a bit familiar with this thing called herding. Heh.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! :)

Woofs & hugs, <3

~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

The tug bottle looks cool. I don't have one of those, yet!. I have been hoping to get Mommy out to the store to go buy me some early Christmas Presents -- but she is being a lazy bum this weekend and hasn't done much of anything yet. Mommy says Tucker looks so cute and cuddly. He is adorable.

tubby3pug said...

Oh my gosh you guys are SOOOO cute We are new followers and cant wait to see more of your blog

Urban Hounds