Thursday, November 10, 2011

Teach me and I'll teach you!




Today Tucker is 12 weeks old.  These past 4 weeks sure went by quickly!  We all have learned a lot about each other and puppy love does cast a spell to make us bond.  Who can resist those puppy dog eyes?

Last week I brought Tucker into the Vet's office to hand over his fecal (another story), bring in the shot record since we gave him his shot and also to weigh him.  At 8 weeks he was 6 pounds, 10 ounces and at 11 weeks he was 8 pounds and 8 ounces.  Nice going Tucker!  

So what have we both learned?

Tucker has learned to sleep in his crate all night long.  (Thank you....)


Tucker is learning to sit, come, wait, take it and down.  Some better and some need more practice.  Treats make it so fun.  We all chuckle at Tucker when we say "Tucker come!" as just before he gets to you he does this hysterical leap in the air.  I don't know if he thinks this is part of the come or what.  

Tucker is learning that brushing him is going to happen.  He isn't wild about the brush but we try to make it pleasant as we can.


Tucker is learning where to pee and poo though he has a ways to go.  Still he has been really good in the house but the back deck is an issue.  Well, it is outside...confusing for him I think.


What have we learned?  You can't leave the potatoes and onions in their baskets on the pantry room floor.  Who knew Tucker would have a thing for sweet potatoes.  So now I have to figure out how to deal with this because that door is always opening and it is in our kitchen where we like to let him play outside his puppy pen (after he pees /poos).  


I did set this photo op up.  I had to because it is so cute of him sneaking the sweet potato to Stewie's bed.  He does it very quietly and it is heavy that sweet potato!  Ahhhhh.....


Tucker waiting to take the sweet potato
Tucker with his prize!



We learned that you have to be on your toes to get him outside to go potty even when you just want to sit down and relax.  No ifs, and, or buts about it.


We learned that Tucker needs lots of play time of running, jumping, sniffing, and more running.  


We learned that cuddle time is very important too.


We learned that it will take time and TLC for Tucker and Stewie to get to accept each other.   Tucker wants to be a buddy really bad but Stewie is slower. 

5 comments:

Jules said...

I didn't realize our puppies are almost exactly the same age! Fabulous. I can't wait to watch Tucker grow up.

Sara said...

Chewy peed on our deck a couple times too :)

I think Tucker is going to like Thanksgiving! Maybe some sweet potato pie?

Priscilla said...

We kept a sharp eye on Eva when she was a teeny weeny puppy and tried to make her use her powder room every two or three hours, it worked and she's a good girl now. There were a few minor incidents at home in the beginning but it was okay.

injoyinmylife said...

Hi there, I found you over on Eva's blog. Tucker is just breathtakingly beautiful. How much fun he is! Both my little ones (shih tzus) just love sweet potatoes. I bake them a lot and they practically wait for them to come out of the oven. That and pineapple. I try not to give them people food, but sometimes you just can't resist those great big beautiful eyes. Chewy is so darn cute I can't believe it. How fun it will be to follow your blog. Thanks.

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Hi Tucker! I'm just getting caught up on reading some older blog posts. I've had my paws full taking care of my little brother Benjamin. Wow, I never tried sweet potatoes, butt it looks like you really like it. What a great prize. Hopefully the humans will find a new spot to keep them -- that are just in your reach again. Wow, sounds like you are learning lots of new tricks. I still have a hard time with some of those and I'm almost 2. Benji is learning sit and stay -- he still needs lots of practice with those.