Saturday, November 19, 2011

My daddy sure is great!



My daddy is sure great.  He likes to play with me on the floor with my toys.  I really like my purple spider which has a loud squeaker and long wiggly legs.

Daddy likes to take me outside to run and jump.  I go so fast, around and around in circles then jump and stop.  We go to the chickens who I don't know if I like them or not.  They stare at me and I stare at them.  

I run in the leaves back and forth.  They are so deep I have to leap and run!  I try to get my brother Stewie to play but he still doesn't want to.  How do I get him to play?  He shows his tiny white teeth at me and gives me a dirty look.  I keep on trying because I know he wants to play, because he wags his tail at me and sniffs me and I sniff him.

He knows something that I know now.  That when mommy feeds us, I have to sit quiet which is REALLY hard to do.  She tells me "Don't touch" when she puts our food bowls down.  Oh I want to eat it so bad that I can hardly sit but I am trying because Stewie sits still and waits till she says the magic words "Take it!".  Then we jump on our food!  Yowza!!!!  

I have so much to learn but lately I don't always want to.  I use to come when mommy called me and I would get a treat.  I really liked that!  Now I get distracted by a leaf, or a smell or I just don't know, I don't want to come.  I heard mommy say to daddy that they can't let me "get away" with any shinanagins.  What?  They said I may be behaving like a little kid seeing what I can get away with, like not coming when they call.  Huh?  There is SOOOO much to see and smell though!  The thing is, that they get me anyway.  I have to come in when they say so.  

I wonder if my brothers and sisters have to do what I have to do?  Hhhhmmm....well it's time for me to go to bed.  What?  Dad says I can watch a football game with him.  Yipppeeeee!

8 comments:

Priscilla said...

Oh Tucker, you're so lucky to have a fun daddy to play with. He sounds like a great guy who has lots of interesting games and ideas.

Remember to go to your mom and dad whenever they call you cause you'll get lots of treats!

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

I don't have any good advice about learning to play with Stewie. When Benji was peeing and pooping all over the house I was scared I was going to get blamed, so I kept my distance from Benji. But Benji started using the pee pad and we became friends. Butt on Friday, Benji starting missing the pee pad on purpose. He would pee half way across the room from the pee pad. Kinda like you said -- seeing what he can get away with. Then I got scared again that I thought I would get blamed for the pee --- so I kept my distance again from Benji. Mommy is still working on the potty training thing with Benji -- she is getting him to make pee in the morning outside. It's a start -- but once this potty training is under control -- hopefully we will continue to be best friends.

Sara said...

You have a pretty darn good life Tucker! Fun, food, and daddy time.

Sorry Stewie isn't ready to play yet :( Give him time.

Finn said...

Yeah, Momma tells me to sit until I've been drooling over the food for about 87 minutes! Then she says okay and I can go and gobble it down! SO MEAN!

injoyinmylife said...

Oh Tucker, hang in there. You will wear Stewie down and soon you will be best buds. It's gonna be so much fun, just wait and see.

Meeka said...

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret okay? When it's chow time, just stare at them with your sad puppy look eyes and boom, the wait is over.

Sugar the Golden Retriever said...

Woof! Woof! a Puppy LOOK works all the time. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Bailey Be Good! said...

OOOH, the dreaded "QUIET" word. Don't like that one too much. Heh.

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!! :)

Woofs & hugs, <3

~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)