Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Meet Tucker



      Meet Tucker.


      Tim and I decided we wanted to add a new pup to the family following Annie's passing in July.  Too quiet in the house and Stewie was quite obviously missing a pal.  Stewie was beginning to lose rank with our kitty Luna, who had begun to chase after him when he was within striking distance.  Something that did not happen while Annie was in the house.


     I began researching and for awhile we seriously were looking into another Golden.  Tim loved our walks with Annie side by side and Stewie with me.  They had a similar pace with their long legs and I walk much slower so Stewie and I had our pace.  Hey shorter legs just have to go the speed they go!


    In the back of my mind I was thinking that we had had two Golden's die of cancer.  Cancer seems to be a prominent issue for Golden's I have discovered.  I just wasn't ready for this possibility.  I hope that Golden breeder's can somehow work on their lines and narrow down those that are having more cancer and not breed them.


   I brought up about Shelties which we have had before.  They are so smart and have few health problems.  Quick to housebreak as they just want to please you.  Cheerful and sweet.  I have missed my Sheltie's with Jessie being gone.  I began emailing breeders for litters, knowing that we did not want to bring a pup into our home till after my return from Italy.  




    We thought at earliest it would be the end of October with some litters to be not due till December and January.  A week after I got back I checked our Northern California Shetland Sheepdog Association which had a new listing for some 8 week old pups.   


    And there we go.....driving out on a Saturday afternoon we sat amidst a playful litter of puppies and there were three we liked.  Oddly enough between Tim, Ryan and myself we liked two of the same ones.  We narrowed down from the two and then to one. We must have been there playing for two hours talking with the breeder getting many puppy licks.  Too cute watching them romp, bark, chew on show laces, sleep and jump.  Ryan had forgotten how much fun little pups could be.


    Four days later I went to pick up our little boy.  We had gone through a list of names ahead of his arrival and unanimously liked the name Tucker. 


    Stewie was less than thrilled with the arrival of Tucker.  I expected this.  It takes time and patience for dogs to bond.  



1 comment:

Lassiter Chase and T said...

Hi there Tucker! Thanks for visiting my blog the other day and congratulating me on my little brother Benji. I can't wait to read all about your adventures with the kitty cat. Your puppy picture looks so cute!!!